Creating persistent URLs for articles, databases, and e-books
If you encounter a problem...
If you encounter a problem…
- Check Electronic Resources Alerts for any planned or unexpected outages
- Disable your pop-up blocker
- If you have a firewall at work or school, configure it to allow the proxy server http://libproxy.library.wmich.edu It must allow outgoing connections for ports: 80, 444, 2443, 2048
- Clear your Internet cache
- Make sure cookies are enabled
- Call the Reference Desk: 269-387-5178
Connect from off-campus
The electronic resources to which the Western Michigan University Libraries subscribes are available for off-campus use by currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff. A Bronco NetID and password are required to access WMU's licensed electronic resources.
For help with Bronco NetID and other technical issues:
Wireless at WMU
Most of Western’s campus has a wireless connection for WMU students, faculty and staff. For details on areas covered, see Wireless under Get Connected.
Visitors to the library can get a temporary password to access the wireless system and use the Internet on their laptops for 3-5 days from:
- Reference Desk, Waldo Library, first floor
- Science Reference Desk, Waldo Library, lower level
- Special Collections, Waldo Library, third floor
- Education Library, Sangren Hall
- Archives and Regional History Collections, East Hall
- Music and Dance Library, Dalton Center