Mendeley is a FREE reference manager, academic collaboration network and crowdsourced database. Mendeley Desktop is available on Mac, Windows and Linux. Mendeley Web functions on all major browsers. Mobile versions of Mendeley are available for iPad, iPhone and Android devices. Go here to sign up for Mendeley.
1. Import Your Reference Libraries from other Reference Managers such as
2. Choose from one of 8000+ citation styles or create your own!
Use the CSL Editor to explore and modify existing styles. Automatically download journal styles from Elsevier's Author Guides.
3. Add new entries to your library in just a few seconds. Drag and drop PDFs to automatically extract metadata about research papers. Verify the extracted metadata manually, or automatically using a document identifier lookup.
4. Showcase your publication history.
Add your personal publications to your Mendeley profile using Mendeley Desktop, or by visiting your profile page.
5. Enable the File Organizer to bring order to your stored PDFs.
Mendeley saves your references in the cloud, but you can also opt to download local copies and automatically rename the PDFs using a naming scheme you specify.
6. Mendeley Desktop is available on Mac, Windows and Linux. Mendeley Web functions on all major browsers.
For more details, visit our dedicated resource center.