Welcome to the WMU Libraries' subject guide for Couselor Education & Counseling Psychology (CECP). Use the tabs at the top of the page to help navigate through this guide.
CECP Library Faculty Liaison - Dennis Strasser, Associate Professor
Head, Western Michigan University Education Library
2800 Sangren Hall, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5214
Voice: 269-387-5230 // Email: email@example.com For assistance in doing your research, please contact me.
IMPORTANT CECP DATABASES & RESEARCH TOOLS
- Now Available Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders : DSM-5. DSM V in electronic version
- Counseling and Therapy in Video Volumes I, II and III Designed for training and research in the helping professions, this database contains several hundred videos consisting of counseling sessions and demonstrations, consultations, lectures, presentations, interviews, teaching and discussion guides, and more. Volume II contans special emphasis on contemporary topics, featuring world-renowned therapists demonstrating their methods and techniques. The collection also includes documentaries providing insight into the human condition and training in skills such as reflection and empathy. Volume III focuses on new and emerging areas (such as cyberbullying, mindfulness, and social media) and the current therapy environment (such as veterans, eating disorders, and autism). Can be searched in various ways. Users may also create personalized clips and play lists. Contains over 1400 hours of streaming videos.
- DSM Library (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition) Includes DSM-V (the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition), the standard classification of mental disorders used by mental health professionals, clinicians and researchers in the United States. Part of Psychiatry Online which also provides Journals, Textbooks, Self Assessments, Diagnosis, Treatments, casebooks and complete access to the DSM, 4th edition, including revisions.
- Mental Measurements Yearbook
Contains overviews, descriptions and one or more reviews of many English-language standardized tests of educational skills, personality, psychological traits, and related areas. Entries also give references to the print edition (s). This subscription is limited to eight simultaneous users. Please logout when finished.
- PsycINFO (1872-Current)
Covers world-wide literature in psychology and related disciplines. Journal articles, technical reports, books, book chapters, and dissertations are included. Coverage: 1872-present. Updated weekly.
Full-text access to over 75 major peer-reviewed psychology journals. Coverage varies. Updated weekly.
- Social Sciences Citation Index
(Web of Science) The Social Sciences Citation Index is a multidisciplinary database that indexes more than 1,725 journals spanning 50 disciplines. Because the information about each article includes the article's cited reference list (or bibliography), you can also search the databases for articles that cite a known author or work. Coverage is from 1898 to present. Please LOGOFF, so others may use the database.